g -->

Back on October 1st, I wrote two reviews of Christmas disco albums that our friend Ernie shared out. In those reviews, I reiterated my guilty pleasure for Christmas disco and hinted:

"And if you think Holiday Disco is bad, just wait until Christmas. For I have obtained what could be the WORST Christmas disco album of all time and I intend to unleash it to the world."

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... here it is.

The folks at Peter Pan Records decided to combine their special brand of kiddie Christmas with Christmas disco to disastrous results. Leeching off the success of Rick Dees' novelty hit "Disco Duck", they decided to create the lovable duck on the cover named Irwin!

Irwin is your host and narrator and after about 30 seconds into the first track (a remake of "Disco Duck" renamed "Disco Duck II" to avoid paying royalties), you're gonna be looking for a 12-gauge shotgun for some duck hunting.

After two competent disco versions of "Sleigh Ride" and "Winter Wonderland", the duck unleashes "Donde Esta Santa Claus?". This is worst than Charo's epic single of the same name.

This track was the pact they made with the devil to make this album and thereby guaranteeing this album will be played in Hell at Christmas time.

This album wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't made Irwin introduce EVERY SINGLE track! And if you want further proof that this is the worst Christmas disco album ever, look at the artist's name on the cover. I rest my case.

Listen if you dare...


Irwin The Disco Duck - Christmas & New Year's Party


This yuleblog cannot be responsible for any damage caused by this record to your computer, hard drives, CD players, speakers, headphones, MP3 players, iPods, car stereos, boomboxes, radios, televisions, DVD players, VCRs, 8-tracks, or to your own physical being after you play this for someone.

My lawyer says I'm covered. Don't say I didn't warn you.


Capt