g -->
You're stunned, right? This cover does have that effect!

Here's another album that I posted last year at FaLaLaLaLa - the home of preserved Christmas vinyl memories! Here's what I wrote at the time:

The only thing I could find about Kid Stuff Records is that it was active between 1982-1984 and put out about a dozen or so of these albums based on popular video games of the day (Asteroids / Yars’ Revenge / Missle Command / Donkey Kong).

I originally bought this album on eBay so I could include the cover in my annual Christmas CD compilation [in 2004] when I saluted the 1980s.

I’ve never completely listened to this album but it follows the standard kiddie record formula: tell a story, interrupt it with a song, repeat.

I must admit I’m not a huge fan of kiddie records…

Maybe it’s because I never had them as a child. I was too busy listening to my mom’s records – Rat Pack, Lawrence Welk, early Elvis & other 50s rock-n-roll albums. Sometimes I would raid my older brother’s record collection – Beatles, obscure movie soundtracks, Cheech & Chong, K-Tel Records.

There’s been much talk on [FaLaLaLaLa] about kiddie records – Peter Pan Records, the Caroleer Singers, even Basic Hip has devoted two [now THREE] FULL years to the subject.

People do remember what they listen to as a kid… and someone MUST have heard this when they were a tyke. Now you can too…


The Pac-Man Christmas Album


Happy listening...


Capt