g -->
I've lived in my current hometown of Fort Wayne since the summer of 2000. One of the best memories of that first Indiana Christmas was driving crosstown to do some Christmas shopping and listening to a then new trend in radio: 24 hour Christmas music!

Suddenly, a Christmas song that I had never heard came onto the radio. I turned up the radio and was treated to the title track of this album by Steve & Eydie - talk about SMOOOOTHHHH!!!

Note to self: add this album to your Christmas CD wish list.

The song ended and the disc jockey came onto the air:

"Isn't that a great song? That's Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme with "That Holiday Feeling", their title track from their 1964 Christmas album. It's a shame that's not on CD or tape..."

STAB ME IN THE HEART, WHY DON'T YA? Don't tempt me like that. Don't play something that I can't get at my local Best Buy or Sam Goody store. It didn't bother me. Not at all. Like hell it didn't bother me. I was angry! As I drove through downtown Fort Wayne, I made a vow, a solemn pledge, an oath. I would defy Mr. Disc Jockey Shorts and find a copy of this album, on vinyl, cassette tape, or compact disc if it was the last thing I ever did.

I don't have a life. Can you tell? It took five years but I finally found a used copy at Amazon.com!

Released for the 2004 Christmas season (not available in stores - only online!), this blast from the past contains all the tracks from their 1964 album including two bonus tracks. Eight duets on the album leave three solo songs each for Eydie and Steve. My favorite songs include "That Holiday Feeling" (the title track that I fell in love with back in 2000), "Sleigh Ride", and "Baby It's Cold Outside". It doesn't get much smoother than this.

(Now I could gloat at the disc jockey for finding this album. I won't though. He's no longer working as a DJ here in Fort Wayne - something about drinking and livestock but I won't go any further.)

On to the next new Christmas CD in my collection...


Capt